Just when you think you are getting better and you start to wonder if you could go back to work sooner BANG the antibiotics hit you like a tonne of bricks. The nausea has been horrendous (but thankyou to all of you on twitter suggesting things I can eat ... dry toast and tea seems to be staying in at the moment) I have this weird metallic taste from the metronidazole and my belly is making these horrendous gurgly noises all day long.
Anyway, despite this, I have booked my first shift back at work on the 20th November which seems ages away but I wasnt cleared for work until the 17th and I get paid more for a sunday so it was a no brainer really. I need to start taking steps to get well, including calming my anxiety which has been sky high this week! So my goals ...
- Go out for a walk every day. So, this one wont be starting straight away as I am struggling with even walking downstairs because of the nausea. Once thats settled a bit however I will be getting out
- Eat proper meals. I have got a little bit lax with actually sitting and eating meals lately. When ive been house bound I feel like the whole day just blends into one big blur and before I know it its the afternoon and I havent eaten anything.
- Drink more squash. I was going to say water but I dont like tap water so need a bit of squash in it to make it palatable
- Stretch! I really wanted to do more yoga, I wanted that to be more goal but I am not cleared for core work until 6 weeks post op so I have almost 3 more weeks for that so I am going to work on stretching out my other muscles instead!
- Take time away from the screen! I am spending way too much time in front of a screen at the moment. I am going to take some time to sit on my comfy sofa and either read or listen to the radio, maybe an hour a day just to get away from the screen!
Do you know I have a fashion blog? Read it here