Anyway so I has to cancel my shifts at work for the rest of the week, I was getting exhausted just walking up and down the stairs! I spent a couple of days laying down watching trash on telly and just drinking water and not much else. Slowly though by looking after my self I can say that while I am not feeling 100% I am slowly getting there! So what has got me through this week you ask?
1. A Girly Lunch at Peter Pizzeria
When I mentioned that I hadn't been to Peter Pizzeria on twitter Emma insisted that I was missing out and so along with Kirstie we decided to go out for a girly lunch, chat and some charity shopping! Well the pizza was amazing (I went for the Ortolana with sauce which was bloody beautiful, I am eating more veggie meals and less meat). I also picked up some amazing bargains in the charity shops ... including a £2 Joules dress which I will show you in my February buyers archive post!
2. Trashy TV on HayU, mermaid blanket and Graze boxes.
I had managed to accumulate quite a few of my Graze snack boxes and so I bought them to the bedroom with me. I downloaded the free trial of HayU, snuggled under my mermaid blanket and sat watching the real houeswives of the O.C. pretty much all day. Talking of Graze I have also been adding boxes to my porridge and especially the chocolate ones that melt in! If you haven't tried Graze you can get your 1st, 5th and 10th box free by using my code NW43VH67P.
3. Taking note of my mental health.
If you didnt already know I struggle with depression. Last year I was on 40mg citalopram daily which I stopped suddenly (Don't do it kids, it messed me up). I now take 20mg daily and feel like I am finally on a dose which fits me and my body! When my physical health deteriorates and leaves me pretty much housbound I really have to make sure that my mental health doesnt go down hill. I have been reading this Matt Haig book, making sure I take my medication and also drinking lots of hot chocolate! Ive also just let my mind relax. Not focus on anything too much and just let my body recover and I am proud to say I think this is the first time I have ever not let my mental health slip while my physical health has been bad.
The posts I have loved this week ...
- As someone who doesn't really travel a lot I really enjoyed Hannah's post about showing respect when you visit other countries.
- Jennifers post about the little things made me smile this week, as a doctor she understands the peril of working in the NHS and not being able to wear nail varnish!
- My friend Kirsty posted a Paris wardrobe wishlist and now all I can think about is how I need this red Chi Chi London dress in my life but have nowhere to wear it!
- I love Stella's blog and this Polka Dot dress is absolutely gorgeous! Its so floaty and I would love to own something similar
- Not dressed as lamb is one of my all time favourite fashion blogs and this week she shared HER Fashion Blogger girl crushes and so I had to follow them all naturally!